HOURS: Monday – Thursday (6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) (Four 10-hour days)
COMPENSATION: Commensurate with experience and skills. Your current abilities and willingness to learn will be your advancement control. Once trained, overtime is available. Health insurance after 90-days; dental offered; paid vacation; paid holidays.
*** RETENTION BONUS [totaling $1,200.00] will be paid in 90-day increments.***
- Well Bilt Industries USA, LLC, IS AN EOE and a DRUG FREE WORKPLACE
- All applicants will be required to have a background check and drug testing.
- Since military base access is a requirement for this position, all applicants will be screened for a criminal record.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and willingness to travel.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an apprenticeship program or vocational training in ironworking or structural steel erection is preferred.
- Proven experience as a steel erector or ironworker in the construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of construction blueprints, drawing, and specifications.
- Proficiency in using hand and power tools commonly used in steel erection.
- Ability to read and interpret welding symbols and perform basic welding tasks.
- Physical stamina and strength to lift and maneuver heavy steel components.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Solid understanding of safety procedures and regulations.
- Good communication and teamwork abilities.
- Structural Steel Assembly: Read and interpret construction blueprints, drawings, and specifications to identify the proper sequence and methods for steel erection. Assemble and connect structural steel members, such as beams, columns, and girders, using bolts, welds, and other approved fastening methods.
- Rigging and Lifting: Use cranes, hoists, and other lifting equipment to position steel components into place. Rig and secure loads properly to ensure stability during the lifting and placement process. Coordinate with crane operators and signal workers to execute lifts safely.
- Welding and Cutting: perform welding and cutting operations to fabricate and modify steel components as required. Ensure compliance with welding codes and standards and use appropriate safety measures when operating welding equipment and cutting torches.
- Structural Alignment: Align and plumb steel components accurately according to project specifications. Use levels, lasers, and other measuring tools to ensure proper positioning to fit. Make adjustments as necessary to achieve the desired alignment.
- Safety Compliance: Adhere to strict safety protocols and guidelines at all times to maintain a safe work environment. Identify potential hazards and report them to the supervisor promptly. Participate in safety meetings and training sessions to enhance job specific knowledge and promote a culture of safety.
- Equipment Maintenance: Perform routine maintenance and inspections on tools, equipment, and machinery used in steel erection. Report any malfunctions or damage and assist in repairs or replacements as required. Keep work areas clean and organized.
- Collaboration: Work effectively as part of a team, coordinating with other construction professionals such as engineers, architects, supervisor, and fellow ironworkers. Communicate and collaborate to ensure smooth workflow, resolve issues, and meet project deadlines.
- Documentation: Maintain accurate records of work performed, including time logs, progress reports, and material usage. Complete relevant paperwork, such as safety permits and equipment inspection forms.
Well Bilt Industries USA, LLC. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate in any employer/employee relations based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability, or veteran’s status. We are proud to have a strong commitment to equal opportunity in the workforce and believe in treating people with dignity and providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all.